T-Ball / Coach Pitch
fall 2020 T-BALL/COACH PITCH
This is an introduction to the concept of baseball. Youngsters get instruction and scrimmage with other teams. Sportsmanship and fun are stressed.
All practices and scrimmages will be played at the fields directly east of the Kirksey Recreation Center. There is limited space in each league.
Practices will begin at the end of Aug./beginning of Sept. and leagues will run through the beginning of Oct. There will be no make-up practices or games if canceled due to weather.
- Open Registration: July 13 to Aug. 12
- Registration Fee - Resident: $45 | Non-Resident: $55
- Participants need to supply their own baseball glove, pants, active shoes, and batting helmet for all practices and scrimmages. Livonia Parks and Recreation will provide a team hat and shirt.
- Coaches are required to wear masks at all times during practices and scrimmages.
- Participants are highly encouraged to wear masks but are not required.
- When on the bench, players will be spaced six feet apart at designated markers.
- Coaches will check-out any additional equipment needed (baseballs, bats, etc.) for practices and scrimmages from Parks and Recreation staff on-site. The equipment will be sanitized before and after each practice/scrimmage.
- Coaches will also be provided with materials to sanitize equipment during practices and scrimmages.
- Any equipment provided by Livonia Parks and Recreation used during practices and/or scrimmages must be sanitized by the coaches between individual uses by players or coaches.
- There will not be a catcher’s position in either program to minimize the sharing of equipment.
- Spectators must sit in the designated seating areas and bring their own seating. They are encouraged to social distance.
League for boys and girls, five to six years old, who have not reached their seventh birthday prior to Sept. 1, 2020. Practices and scrimmages are on Mondays and Wednesdays.
League for boys and girls, seven to eight years old, who have not reached their ninth birthday prior to Sept. 1, 2020. Practices and scrimmages are on Tuesdays and Thursdays.