BICENTENNIAL PARK TENNIS AND PICKLEBALL COURTS RIBBON CUTTING
The ribbon-cutting for the newly renovated tennis and pickleball courts at Bicentennial Park is Saturday, Aug. 8 at 9:30 a.m.
In partnership with the United States Tennis Association of Southeast MI, free youth and adult tennis clinics will be held starting at 10 a.m.
Registration is required for the free clinics and can be done online or in-person at the Kirksey Recreation Center by appointment. Please call (734) 466-2900 Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. to make an appointment.
Tennis Courts are available at the following locations:
- Bicentennial Park (Seven Mile and Wayne) - 8 courts
- Blue Grass Park (North of Ladywood Ct) - 2 courts
- Country Homes Park (West of Wayne, South of Plymouth on Yale) - 1 court
- Devon-Aire Woods Park (West of Jefferson Elementary) - 1 court
- Nash Park (North of Roosevelt School) - 2 courts
- Rotary Park (Six Mile and Hubbard) - 6 courts
- Shelden Park (Van Court and Woodring) - 8 courts
- Tennis Court Park (Five Mile, West of Newburgh) - 1 court
- Wilson Acres Park (Floral, North of Joy) - 2 courts
Please note: Tennis courts are not lighted.
Livonia Parks and Recreation offers year-round tennis instruction for persons of all ages in partnership with FunStart Tennis. Indoor instruction takes place at the Jack E. Kirksey Recreation Center in the Fall, Winter and Spring. In the Summer, instruction moves outdoors at our newly renovated tennis courts. Please see our L Magazine for more details about the following classes: