Options for Disposal
Options for disposal of residential yard waste include
Weekly Separated Yard Waste Pickup
The 2023 Weekly Separated Yard Waste program runs on trash days. It ends the week of Dec. 11-15.
Yard waste should be placed at the curbside by 7 a.m. and placed separately from trash containers and the recycle bin. The following cannot be disposed of with the weekly collection service:
- Other debris
To ensure that your yard waste is picked up, please note the following:
- Yard waste must be placed in separate containers free of any rubbish or recyclables.
- Use plastic or metal trash cans (maximum 35-gallon size).
- Cans must be marked with a green and white yard waste sticker. Stickers are available by calling Public Works at (734) 466-2655. In lieu of a sticker, you can mark your can with a large X, which will identify it as yard waste.
- Paper compost bags may be used without a yard waste sticker or mark. These bags are available from local stores.
- The maximum weight is 50 pounds per container or compost bag.
- A maximum amount of eight containers per week is allowed.
- Plastic bags are prohibited.
Smaller Brush & Branches
Smaller brush and branches may be cut up and placed in the above containers or may be bundled. Bundled branches must be four feet or less in length and four inches or less in diameter and tied up in bundles weighing less than 50 pounds. Up to five bundles a week can be placed out for pickup.
For questions about the weekly yard waste pickup, contact the Department of Public Works at (734) 466-2655.
Large Brush and Branch Pickup Program
For larger branches over four feet in length, the City offers a seasonal curbside truck service. The service will resume April 2024,
Wood Waste Drop Off-Site
A wood waste recycling facility is available for free disposal of wood waste. This service is free for Livonia residents. The following can be dropped off at Mid-Michigan Recycling:
- Brush (no grass clippings)
- Industrial Wood
- Stumps (clean, no dirt)
- Shrubs (no roots)
- Hedges/Bushes (no roots)