Inspection (Building & Enforcement)
The primary objective of the Inspection Department is to safeguard the health, safety and welfare of the citizens and businesses of Livonia. In this effort the department provides:
Permits, Plan Review and Inspections: Building (Residential and Commercial), Plumbing, Electrical, Mechanical (HVAC), Fire Suppression, Fire Alarm, Life Safety, Signs, Rental License, Liquor License, Annuals, Biannual, and Zoning Compliance.
The Building Code Board of Appeals
The Zoning Board of Appeals
BUILDING PERMITS (Online Portal)
Contractors and homeowners in Livonia can apply for permits using the new Online Inspection Portal. The portal allows users to apply for all types of permits, such as building, zoning, electrical, plumbing, and heating.
Contractors with multiple projects will be able to create an account for easy access to all of their projects.
Contractors must register before using the Inspection Portal for the first time.
ONLINE PERMIT PAYMENTS
HOW DO I CREATE AN ACCOUNT?
- Can I apply for a permit online?
- Do I need a Plan?
- How do I know if I need a Permit?
- How do I obtain a Plot Plan?
- What is Zoning Compliance?
- What is the cost for Permits?
- What is the turnaround time for a Permit / Plan Review?
- How do I schedule an Inspection?
- Whom do I make the check payable to for my permit?