Inspection (Building & Enforcement)
The Inspection Department handles all permits for:
- Demolition and moving
- Electrical, plumbing, heating and air conditioning
- Structural work
- Zoning compliance
Livonia City Hall and all city buildings will be closed to all residents and visitors until April 14.
contact information for the inspection department during the closure
Call (734) 466-2580 for questions about inspections.
Phone messages will be checked in the morning and late afternoon.
Residential complaint calls will be considered non-essential at this time and logged to be reviewed at a future date.
Please be advised that permits will only be accepted by mail during this shutdown.
Please provide a valid phone number and email address with all applications.
Funds will be required by either cash or check, preferably by check. Checks are to be made out to the “City of Livonia”.
The Inspection Department will provide as-needed inspections on new construction commercial and residential projects only. Fire suppression, fire alarm and other life safety inspections will be scheduled based on the availability of staff. Please contact the Inspection Department to schedule inspections at (734) 466-2580.
We will not be conducting inspections of single-family, two-family or multi-family rentals or any interior inspections of occupied buildings during this time.
- Awning Permit (PDF)
- Chemical Survey (PDF)
- Commercial Building Application (PDF)
- Demolition or Moving Application Procedures (PDF)
- Electrical Permit Info (PDF)
- Fence Authorizations (PDF)
- Fire Suppression Application (PDF)
- Furnace Boiler Certification (PDF)
- Hydrant Flow Test Application (PDF)
- Mechanical Permit Application (PDF)
- Pennant Banner Balloon Permit (PDF)
- Plumbing Permit Application (PDF)
- Sign Erector Application (PDF)
- Sign Permit (PDF)
- Vacant and Abandoned Structure Registration (PDF)
- Zoning Compliance Application (PDF)