Study Meeting Agenda - 04/08/19
STUDY MEETING OF APRIL 8, 2019
8:00 P.M. - City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive
1. BLOCK PARTY: Kathleen A. Fitzgerald, re: to be held Monday, May 27, 2019, from 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Cranston Avenue between Elmira and Orangelawn, with no rain date requested.
2. BLOCK PARTY: Rebecca Wilson and Amy Dobbs Mianowski, re: to be held Saturday, August 17, 2019, from 2:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Roycroft, between Levan and Comstock, with a rain date of Sunday, August 18, 2019.
3. REQUEST TO APPROVE PURCHASE OF ONE (1) 2019 LIFE LINE TYPE-1 SUPERLINER AMBULANCE ON A 2019 FORD F-450 XLT CHASSIS THROUGH THE HOUSTON GALVESTON AREA COUNCIL (HGAC-BUY) COOPERATIVE PURCHASING CONSORTIUM: Livonia Fire and Rescue, re: to replace the current frontline Squad 5, from trade-in of 2000 Medic Master Ambulance and budgeted funds. (CR 61-17)
4. PROPOSED TEMPORARY CLASSIFICATIONS WAGE INCREASE AS A RESULT OF AN INCREASE IN THE STATE OF MICHIGAN MINIMUM WAGE RATE: Civil Service Department, re: effective April 22, 2019 for classifications of College Co-Op, High School Co-Op, Library Page, Seasonal Clerk and Student Page.
5. REQUEST TO ESTABLISH MILITARY DAILY PASS RATE: Department of Parks & Recreation, re: to allow active duty members of our Armed Services entry into the Jack E. Kirksey Recreation Center at a reduced rate.
6. REQUEST TO ESTABLISH ADULT SAND VOLLEYBALL FORFEIT FEE: Department of Parks & Recreation, re: to hold teams accountable and recoup staff costs for that game. (CR 05-19)
7. AWARD OF BID: Department of Parks & Recreation, re: for Playground Removal and Replacement at Castle Gardens and Clement Circle Park and the removal of playground equipment at Meadows Park, from budgeted funds.
8. AWARD OF CONTRACT: Department of Parks & Recreation, re: for design, proofs, editing, printing and sorting of “L” Magazine for the period of May 2019 to April 2021.
9. AWARD OF BID: Department of Parks & Recreation, re: for the construction of Pickleball Courts at Compton Park, from CDBG grant projects and budgeted funds. (CR 153-18)
10. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE ONE (1) 15” 15XP STYLE BRUSH CHIPPER AND ONE (1) SELF-PROPELLED STUMP GRINDER 2550XP THROUGH THE STATE CONTRACT PRICING: Public Service Division, to be used by the Forestry and Roads departments, from funds budgeted in the 2018-2019 Refuse Fund.
11. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE ONE (1) 2019 FREIGHTLINER TANDEM AXLE DUMP TRUCK THROUGH THE ROCHESTER HILLS CO-OP AWARD AGREEMENT: Public Service Division, re: to replace a vehicle that has surpassed its life expectancy, and will be auctioned off, from budgeted funds.
12. AWARD OF CONTRACT: Engineering Division, re: for 2019 Concrete Road Program – Maintenance, Contract 19-J, from budgeted funds.
13. REQUEST TO AMEND THE CONTRACT WITH ANDERSON, ECKSTEIN AND WESTRICK, INC., FOR DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERING SERVICES FOR THE 2019 CONCRETE ROAD PROGRAM – MAINTENANCE (CONTRACT 19-J): Engineering Division, re: same. (CR 365-16)
14. REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE AN EXPENDITURE FOR CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERING COST (CE) TO OHM ADVISORS AND AUTHORIZE THIRD PARTY AGREEMENT WITH MICHIGAN DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION (MDOT): Engineering Division, re: for Ann Arbor Trail Resurfacing Project from Eckles Road easterly to Newburgh Road, to obtain reimbursement for 81.85% of costs on behalf of City of Livonia. (CR 365-16)
15. REQUEST TO ACCEPT STORM WATER FACILITIES MAINTENANCE AGREEMENT: Engineering Division, re: from Consumers Energy C.N.G. Fueling Station, in conjunction with the construction of a storm drainage system that provides adequate drainage for property developed at 11797 Farmington Road, in the Southeast ¼ of Section 28.
16. REQUEST TO ACCEPT STORM WATER FACILITIES MAINTENANCE AGREEMENT: Engineering Division, re: from Consumers Energy Livonia Service Center, in conjunction with the construction of a storm drainage system that provides adequate drainage for property developed at 11801 Farmington Road, in the Southeast ¼ of Section 28.
17. REQUEST TO ACCEPT STORM WATER FACILITIES MAINTENANCE AGREEMENT: Engineering Division, re: from Republic National Distributing Company, LLC (RNDC), in conjunction with the construction of a storm drainage system that provides adequate drainage for facility at 13000 Eckles Road, in the Northwest ¼ of Section 30.
18. VACATING PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2019-02-03-02 submitted by Jude’s Investments, Inc., to determine whether or not to vacate a portion of the existing public utility easement located on the southeast corner of Schoolcraft and Farmington Roads (33265 Schoolcraft Road) in the Northwest ¼ of Section 27.
19. SITE PLAN PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2019-02-08-05 submitted by St. Michael Parish to construct a lobby/gathering space addition to the church located on the southwest corner of Hubbard and Plymouth Roads (11441 Hubbard Road), in the Northwest ¼ of Section 34.
For the 1,871ST Regular Meeting of April 22, 2019
DATED: April 2, 2019
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email email@example.com if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.ci.livonia.mi.us - under Government, City Council, Agendas.