Study Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Monday, May 2, 2022
*8:00 p.m. - City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive
1. REAPPOINTMENT OF JEREMY CURTIS TO THE PLYMOUTH ROAD DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY: Office of the Mayor, re: for a three-year term, which will expire on May 16, 2025.
2. REQUEST TO BARRICADE CITY STREETS: Chris Inch, Stevenson Cross Country Head Coach, re: on Friday, August 19, 2022, from 12:00 p.m. through Saturday, August 20, 2022, at 12:00 p.m. on Perth Street from Stark Road until it dead-ends West of Farmington, for a nighttime high school cross country meet.
3. REQUEST TO BARRICADE CITY STREETS: Patty Novak, re: on Van Court between Levan and Raleigh, on Friday, July 8, 2022, from 4:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m., in order to host a wedding reception on the grounds of Christadelphians Church.
4. REQUEST TO BARRICADE CITY STREETS: Patty Novak, Christadelphians Church, re: on Van Court between Levan and Raleigh from Monday, August 1, 2022, until Friday, August 5, 2022, from 8:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. each day in order to host Vacation Bible School.
5. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE CITY'S NOISE ORDINANCE: Anne Zaragoza, Board President, Loaves & Fishes Southwest Detroit, to host fundraising event at St. Colette Church located at 17600 Newburgh Road, to include BBQ, cash bar, and a live band to perform on Friday, June 10, 2022, from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
6. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE CITY'S NOISE ORDINANCE: Randy Keatts, Shake Shack Michigan, LLC.; re: to host a car show with a DJ in the parking lot of business located at 39300 W. Seven Mile, every Monday until October, beginning on Monday May 23, 2022, from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
7. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2022-02-02-04 submitted by Shake Shack Michigan, L.L.C., requesting o utilize an SDM liquor license (sale of packaged beer and wine products for consumption off the premises) in conjunction with the operation of a Class C liquor license (sale of beer, wine and spirits for consumption on the premises) previously approved for the subject property pursuant to Council Resolution #228-93) in connection with the operation of a new freestanding full-service restaurant (Shake Shack) at 39300 Seven Mile Road, located on the northeast corner of Seven Mile and Haggerty Roads in the Southwest ¼ of Section 6.
8. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2022-03-02-07 submitted by Clover Self Storage requesting to operate a truck and trailer rental business in conjunction with an existing climate-controlled, indoor self-storage facility and an outdoor storage yard for recreational vehicles at 28900 Schoolcraft Road, located on the north side of Schoolcraft Road between Inkster and Middlebelt Roads in the Southwest ¼ of Section 24.
9. AWARD OF BID: Inspection Department, re: for the 2022-2025 Weed Cutting and Property Maintenance Program, from budgeted funds.
10. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO WAIVE THE SEALED BID PROCESS AND PURCHASE FROM SOLE SOURCE PROVIDER: Department of Parks and Recreation, re: to replace well-worn fitness equipment with Octane fitness equipment, from budgeted funds.
11. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO WAIVE THE SEALED BID PROCESS AND PURCHASE FROM SOLE SOURCE PROVIDER: Department of Parks and Recreation, re: to replace well-worn fitness equipment with Precor fitness equipment, from budgeted funds.
12. REQUEST TO AMEND ENGINEERING SERVICES CONTRACT THROUGH QUALIFICATION BASED SELECTION (QBS) PROCESS WITH OHM ADVISORS (OHM) FOR ENGINEERING SERVICES FOR THE MEDC GRANT - BELL CREEK BANK STABILIZATION: Engineering Division, re: same. (CR 95-22)
For the 1945th Regular Meeting of May 16, 2022
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Government, City Council, Agendas.
*The start time of the Study Meeting may be delayed if the 7:00 PM Regular Meeting has not yet adjourned.