Study Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Monday, January 31, 2022
8:00 p.m. - City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive
1. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE CITY’S NOISE ORDINANCE: Robert Rais, Knights of Columbus, re: to allow a car show with a DJ at Saint Colette’s Catholic Church, 17600 Newburgh Road, on Saturday, June 4, 2022 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
2. REAPPOINTMENT OF WILLIAM TANCILL TO THE LIVONIA BOARD OF REVIEW: Office of the Mayor, re: for a three-year term, which will expire on February 16, 2025.
3. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2021-11-02-24 submitted by R & E Landscaping and Construction, L.L.C. requesting to construct and operate a special trade contractors’ yard at 34413 Rosati Avenue, located on the west side of Stark Road just south of the CSX Railroad in the Southwest ¼ of Section 28.
4. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE DELL VMWARE HOST SERVERS AND SWITCHES: Information Systems Department, re: for the City Hall Data Center, from budgeted funds.
5. REQUEST TO AMEND COUNCIL RESOLUTION 188-19: Information Systems Department, re: to allow 123.Net to provide fiber network connectivity to (16) sixteen City facilities.
6. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO WAIVE THE SEALED BID PROCESS AND PURCHASE FROM SOLE SOURCE PROVIDER: Livonia Fire Department, re: for two (2) Zoll Cardiac Monitors to replace outdated or decertified equipment which are a critical piece of life saving equipment, from budgeted funds.
7. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE ONE (1) 2022 LIFE LINE TYPE-1 SUPERLINER AMBULANCE: Livonia Fire Department, re: replace current frontline vehicle as part of our vehicle replacement program, from budgeted funds.
8. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE THREE (3) 2022 FORD F150 RESPONDER SUPER CREW 4X4 PICKUP TRUCKS: Livonia Fire Department, re: replace current frontline vehicles and will add versatility and safety to the fleet, while enhancing response capabilities, from budgeted funds.
9. AWARD OF CONTRACT: Department of Public Works, re: for the Fats, Oils and Grease (FOG) Prevention Treatment, through December 31, 2023, with the option to extend for an additional two years, from budgeted funds.
10. REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE EXPENDITURE: Department of Public Works, Water & Sewer Department, re: to enable payment for the 2022 subscription to the MISS DIG service, from budgeted funds.
11. REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE: Department of Public Works, re: emergency water repair of pressure reducing valve near Eight Mile and Grand River, from budgeted funds.
12. AWARD OF CONTRACT: Department of Public Works; re: with Plante Moran Cresa, LLC, to provide professional engineering services for Space Needs Assessments and Capital Planning; from budgeted funds.
13. AWARD OF BID: Public Works Division; re: for the preparation and painting of the interior of the Fleet Maintenance Garage, from budgeted funds.
14. REQUEST TO APPROVE THE ESTABLISHMENT OF IMPROVEMENT BONDS: Engineering Division, re: to assure the installation of public improvements at Emerson Oaks Site Condominium; located on the north side of West Chicago Avenue, west of Harrison Avenue (28400 West Chicago Avenue formerly Wilson Elementary School site) in the Northwest 1/4 of Section 36. (CR 136-21).
For the 1938th Regular Meeting of February 16, 2022
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Government, City Council, Agendas.