Jack E. Kirksey Recreation Center Opens Sept. 9
Executive Order 2020-176 allows indoor Fitness Centers, Indoor Pools and Gymnasiums to open on Wednesday, Sept. 9, 2020.
We are excited to welcome you back to the Jack E. Kirksey Recreation Center! Things are going to look and feel a little different at the Rec Center. We have safety protocols in place and some new rules. Please take a minute to read this important information carefully.
- Only members, class participants, or approved community groups will be permitted access to the Jack E. Kirksey Recreation Center at this time.
- Patrons 5 years of age and older will be required to wear a face mask at all times.
- To help us keep an accurate count of patrons and ensure social distancing, we have a one way entrance through the main sliding doors. Exit through the emergency doors in the concession area. ADA participants will still be able to exit through accessible sliding doors.
- Patrons will be required to provide a physical photo ID (membership card, student I.D., State issued I.D. or a Driver’s License). Electronic ID will not be accepted.
- Patrons will scan in with their membership card or check-in to a class.
- Temperatures will be taken for all entering the building via no touch thermometer.
- Fall 1 classes begin Tuesday, Sept. 8.
- A supervisor will visually check individual rooms for capacity limits hourly.
- When capacity is reached, a sign will be placed in the front of the building or room alerting patrons. We ask that you abide by the capacity limits.
- Patrons will scan out when leaving the facility.
- Towels have been removed to prevent the spread of the virus. Please bring your own towel.
- Open basketball shooting is allowed in the gymnasiums, no games at this time.
- Group exercise classes will remain outside at this time.
- Swimmers are required to reserve time for Lap Swimming and Open Swim. See the Indoor Pool Tab in our Catalog at https://secure.rec1.com/MI/livonia-mi/catalog
KIRKSEY RECREATION CENTER MEMBERSHIP UPDATE
All Kirksey Recreation Center memberships have been extended for the duration of the closure. If you have paid in full for the year in advance, your expiration date has been extended. If you were paying via EFT on a monthly basis, your payment was stopped during the closure. Because the March payments had already been drafted when the Rec Center was closed, payments will begin again in October.
If you have questions regarding your account, please email email@example.com or call (734) 466-2900 Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate this new normal!