STUDY MEETING OF SEPTEMBER 9, 2020
8:00 p.m. AUDIENCE COMMUNICATION
* Due to COVID-19, Livonia City Council meetings will not be held in the City Hall Auditorium
Live broadcast: AT&T Uverse Channel 99 / Spectrum Channel 203 /
WOW Channel 10 / YouTube.com/LivoniaTV
Connect on Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/822419226 or phone at (312) 626-6799, ID: 822 419 226
To participate, use the ‘Raise Hand’ button on Zoom or press *9 on your phone to be called on
1. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE SIDEWALK REQUIREMENT: Scott Morgan, Soave Homes, re: for the home to be constructed home located at 29614 Greenland.
2. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE SIDEWALK REQUIREMENT: Scott Morgan, Soave Homes, re: for the home to be constructed home located at 29648 Greenland.
3. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE SIDEWALK REQUIREMENT: Scott Morgan, Soave Homes, re: for the home to be constructed home located at 14950 Lyons.
4. AWARD OF BID: Department of Information Systems, re: for the Data Center HVAC Replacement, from budgeted funds.
5. REQUEST TO APPROVE AN ANIMAL SHELTERING AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE CITY OF LIVONIA AND THE MICHIGAN HUMANE SOCIETY AND WAIVE THE CITY’S FORMAL BIDDING PROCESS: Public Service Division, re: for the period January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2023, extending all terms and conditions of the current agreement. (CR 351-18)
6. AWARD OF CONTRACT: Public Service Division, re: for the 2021-2024 calendar year requirements for the Portable Toilet Program, to provide portable toilet service, from budgeted funds.
7. REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE APPROPRIATION AND AMEND CONTRACT WITH ERG: Public Service Division, re: to provide payment for drop offs in August and September, in the amount of $50,000.00 and continue funding the Household Hazardous Waste/Electronic Waste Program for the year 2020, from budgeted funds. (CR 361-19)
8. REQUEST TO ADJUST WATER AND SEWER CONSUMPTION RATES, INDUSTRIAL SURCHARGE RATE AND INDUSTRIAL WASTE CONTROL CHARGE: Public Service Division, re: to become effective on October 1, 2020.
9. VACATING REQUEST: Engineering Division, re: to vacate a public utility easement located within the Holiday Inn, located at 17117 and 17123 North Laurel Park Drive. Parcel I.D. Nos. 46 028-99-0006-008 & 046 028-99-0006-007.
10. REQUEST FOR ONE-YEAR EXTENSION OF WAIVER USE APPROVAL: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2019-04-02-05, submitted by Piano Shoe Properties L.L.C., which previously received approval by the City Council on July 8, 2019, to utilize a Micro Brewer license, including redeveloping the site, expanding the parking lot and modifying the exterior façade of the existing building in connection with the operation of a brew pub located on the south side of Seven Mile Road between Inkster Road and Harrison Avenue (27717 and 27719 Seven Mile Road), in the Northeast ¼ of Section 12. (CR 243-19) AUDIENCE COMMUNICATION For the 1,905th Regular Meeting of September 21, 2020
11. REQUEST FOR ONE-YEAR EXTENSION OF WAIVER USE APPROVAL: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2019-05-02-08, submitted by Livonia Healthcare Real Estate, which previously received approval by the City Council on August 26, 2019, to demolish the existing nursing home (St. Jude), and construct a new building in its place for the purpose of operating a nursing and physical rehabilitation facility (Mission Point Livonia), on the north side of Ann Arbor Trail, between Joy Road and Stark Road (34350 Ann Arbor Trail), in the Southeast ¼ of Section 33. (CR 294-19)
12. VACATING PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2020-07-03-03, submitted by Stonefield Engineering & Design, on behalf of Haggerty Square, L.L.C. and Haggerty Residential, L.L.C., to determine whether or not to vacate a section of the existing public utility easement located on the east side of Haggerty Road, between Seven Mile and Eight Mile Roads (19700 and 19750 Haggerty Road), in the Southwest ¼ of Section 6.
13. SITE PLAN PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2020-07-08-05, submitted by Belaggio Homes, Inc., requesting approval to develop a site condominium (Livonia Manor 3), consisting of four (4) single-family homes, on the north side of Seven Mile Road between Merriman Road and Osmus Avenue (31670 Seven Mile Road), in the Southeast ¼ of Section 3.
DATED: September 3, 2020
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email email@example.com if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Government, City Council, Agendas.