The City of Livonia Clerk’s Office is in need of Election Inspectors at the following schools for the Nov. 8 election:
To qualify, you must be a registered voter within the State of Michigan and a United States citizen. This is a great opportunity to serve your community and to be part of the election process.
Precinct inspectors must be able to:
- Assemble simple voting stations
- Attend an educational training program (mandatory every two years by the State of Michigan)
- Follow instructions provided by the precinct Chairperson
- Perform simple math calculations
- Possess inter-personal skills to work with a diverse community population
- Read and write legibly in the English language
- Work closely with others
Rate of pay and hours:
Hours are from 6 a.m. until approximately 9 p.m. or until the last voter has cast their ballot and the processing and cleanup are completed. All inspectors are required to stay and help in the closeout processing and clean-up. The precinct chairperson will dismiss you.
If you are interested in becoming a precinct inspector, download the Inspector Application and return it to the Clerk’s Office. You may also pick up the application in person at the Clerk’s Office during regular business hours. For more information, please call (734) 466-2235.