1979th Regular Meeting Agenda of the Council of the City of Livonia
Monday, October 16, 2023
7:00 p.m. - City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive, Livonia, Michigan
CALL TO ORDER
INVOCATION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PRESENTATION OF MINUTES - Regular Meeting Minutes of September 18, 2023
Regular Meeting Minutes of October 2, 2023
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
a. Communication from Jeffrey Bunker, Clarenceville School District, dated June 8, 2023, requesting the City continue to collect the district's taxes for the year 2023.
b. Communication from Brian D. Broderick, Schoolcraft College, dated May 24, 2023, requesting the City continue to collect taxes for the year 2023.
c. Communication from the Department of Finance, dated September 29, 2023, re: forwarding Quarterly Investment Report for the City of Livonia for the quarter ending August 31, 2023.
1. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE CITY'S NOISE ORDINANCE: Michael Hudzik, re: in order to host a party with a live band on Saturday, October 21, 2023, at the home located at 32974 Grenada Street, from 6:00 p.m. until 11:00 p.m.
2. AWARD OF BID: Livonia Fire & Rescue, re: for the purchase of five (5) Commercial Washer Extractors, from budgeted funds.
3. AWARD OF BID: Livonia Fire & Rescue, re: for the purchase of Twenty-Four (24) Commercial Garage Door Openers to be installed at five Fire Stations, from budgeted funds.
4. REQUEST TO CONTINUE STATEMENT OF WORK: Department of Parks and Recreation, re: for the continued use of CivicRec software, from budgeted funds.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS - MEETINGS OF THE COMMITTEE
5. FINANCE AND BUDGET COMMITTEE MEETING OF SEPTEMBER 20, 2023
a. Proposed Budget for the City of Livonia for the Fiscal Year ending November 30, 2024, and the property tax millage proposed to be levied to support the proposed budget. (CR 281-23)
Public Hearing held on Wednesday, October 4, 2023.
6. COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE MEETING OF OCTOBER 4, 2023
a. The subject matter of the new Senior Citizen Center. (CR 268-23)
7. BLOCK PARTY: Visar Gjetag, re: to be held on Tuesday, October 31, 2023, from 4:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. on Mallory Drive, between Six Mile and Newburgh Roads.
8. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2023-07-02-11, submitted by The Mannik & Smith Group, Inc. requesting waiver use approval to demolish an existing restaurant (Burger King) and construct a new automated car wash facility (Clean Express Auto Wash), at 34835 Plymouth Road, located on the south side of Plymouth Road between Stark and Wayne Roads in the Northwest ¼ of Section 33.
9. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Appeal of the denial of the Petition 2022-06-02-14 submitted by Stark Road Holdings L.L.C. requesting to utilize a Class C liquor license (sale of beer, wine and spirits for consumption on the premises) in connection with the operation of a multi-purpose recreational facility (Livonia Athletic District) at 14255 Stark Road, located on the west side of Stark Road between Schoolcraft Road and Lyndon Avenue in the Southeast ¼ of Section 21.
Denied by the City Planning Commission on July 19, 2022, and appealed at the Public Hearing held on September 12, 2022.
10. REQUEST TO APPROVE REVISED APPLICATION FOR COMMERCIAL REHABILITATION EXEMPTION CERTIFICATE: Ducati Detroit, re: to reflect the owner of record of the property located at 19265 Victor Parkway, Livonia, MI 48152, from CJK Investments, LLC to Future Land Holdings, LLC.
11. REQUEST FOR DESIGNATION AS A NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION: Christopher Crawford, Chair, Livonia Jaycees, re: as required by the State of Michigan to obtain a Charitable Gaming License to allow a raffle fundraiser in the future.
12. APPROVAL OF CITY OF LIVONIA EARLY VOTING SITE: Office of the City Clerk, as adopted by the Election Commission meeting, to establish the location, days, and hours of operation for Livonia's Early Voting Site as required by Public Act 81 of 2023, to be filed with the Wayne County Clerk.
X1. REQUEST TO APPROVE INTERGOVERNMENTAL AGREEMENT WITH WAYNE COUNTY: Office of the Mayor, re: for partial funding of Project Catalyst for the Livonia Senior Wellness Center Project.
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Your Government, City Council, Agendas & Minutes.
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK