1961st Regular Meeting Agenda of the Council of the City of Livonia
Monday, January 30, 2023
7:00 p.m. – City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive
CALL TO ORDER
INVOCATION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PRESENTATION OF MINUTES - Regular Meeting Minutes of January 18, 2022
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
a. Communication from the Office of the Mayor, dated January 18, 2023, re: forwarding the Annual Report for the Fiscal Year 2021-2022, reflecting the finances and administrative activities in the City.
1. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO INCREASE RATES: Livonia Public Library, re: for the meeting room rates at the Bennett Civic Center Library.
2. REQUEST FOR COUNCIL TO SET A DATE FOR THE PURPOSE OF ADOPTING A RESOLUTION PLACING SPECIAL ASSESSMENTS UPON REFERENCED PROPERTIES WHOSE OWNERS HAVE NOT PAID CHARGES CONNECTED WITH THE 2022 SIDEWALK PROGRAM, Contract 22-G, SINGLE LOT ASSESSMENTS: Engineering Division, re: same. (CR 118-22).
3. REQUEST TO APPROVE PROPOSED 2023 SIDEWALK REPAIR PROGRAM: Engineering Division, re: to include approximately 422 scattered locations throughout the City, as well as 128 locations in Sections 1 through 6 that were identified by Spalding DeDecker as having 2" or greater vertical separations. (CR 784-82).
UNFINISHED BUSINESS – MEETINGS OF THE COMMITTEES
4. COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE MEETING OF JANUARY 11, 2023
a. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2022-10-02-20 submitted by The Mannik & Smith Group, Inc. requesting to redevelop the site, including demolishing the existing commercial building and constructing a new automated auto wash facility (Clean Express), at 20330 & 20340 Farmington Road, located on the east side of Farmington Road between Norfolk Avenue and Eight Mile Road in the Northwest ¼ of Section 3.
5. COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE MEETING OF JANUARY 25, 2023
a. CR 289-22 The subject matter of Petition 2022-05-01-01, submitted by Nofar Hotel Group, requesting to rezone the property at 31501 Schoolcraft Road, located on the south side of Schoolcraft Road between Merriman Road and Hubbard Avenue in the Northeast ¼ of Section 27, from C-3 (Highway Services) to C-4 (High Rise Commercial).
PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE LIVONIA VISION 21 ZONING ORDINANCE, AS AMENDED, Department of Law, re: Petition 2022-05-01-01 submitted by Nofar Hotel Group, requesting to rezone the property at 31501 Schoolcraft Road, located on the south side of Schoolcraft Road between Merriman Road and Hubbard Avenue in the Northeast ¼ of Section 27, from C-3 (Highway Services) to C-4 (High Rise Commercial).
6. REQUEST TO AMEND THE ENGINEERING CONTRACT THROUGH QUALIFICATION BASED SELECTION (QBS) PROCESS WITH HUBBELL, ROTH & CLARK, INC. (HRC) FOR ENGINEERING SERVICES FOR THE MEDC GRANT - GREENMEAD REGIONAL DETENTION POND, PHASE 1 WHISPERING WILLOWS INLINE CHANNEL STORAGE IMPROVEMENTS: Engineering Division, re: same (CR 95-22 and 156-22).
7. REQUEST TO REFER THE SUBJECT MATTER OF TRANSPORTATION TO THE SENIOR CITIZENS, FAMILIES AND ENVIRONMENT COMMITTEE: Councilmember Kathleen McIntyre, re: to discuss transportation issues for seniors, families, and other community residents.
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email email@example.com if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Your Government, City Council, Agendas & Minutes.