1959th Regular Meeting Agenda of the Council of the City of Livonia
Wednesday, December 14, 2022
7:00 p.m. – City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive
CALL TO ORDER
INVOCATION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PRESENTATION OF MINUTES - Regular Meeting Minutes of December 5, 2022
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
a. Communication from the Department of Finance, dated December 2, 2022, re: forwarding various financial statements of the City of Livonia for the month ending October 31, 2022.
b. Communication from the Department of Finance, dated December 2, 2022, re: forwarding the Departmental Purchase Report, for the month ending November 30, 2022.
1. AWARD OF BID: Community Resources, re: for the printing of the City of Livonia's 2023 Connections Magazine, with an optional one-year extension, from budgeted funds.
2. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE TWO M4800 WATCHGUARD FIREWALLS: Department of Information Systems, re: for use in City Hall Datacenter, from budgeted funds.
3. REQUEST TO RENEW MICROSOFT ENTERPRISE AGREEMENT USING STATE OF MICHIGAN CONTRACT PRICING: Department of Information Systems, re: for a period of three years, from budgeted funds.
4. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2022-10-02-20 submitted by The Mannik & Smith Group, Inc. requesting to redevelop the site, including demolishing the existing commercial building and constructing a new automated auto wash facility (Clean Express), at 20330 & 20340 Farmington Road, located on the east side of Farmington Road between Norfolk Avenue and Eight Mile Road in the Northwest ¼ of Section 3.
New Data: Additional information provided by Petitioner
5. REQUEST TO APPROVE ADJUSTMENTS IN SALARY AND BENEFITS FOR APPOINTED DEPARTMENT HEADS FOR THE PERIOD DECEMBER 1, 2022, THROUGH NOVEMBER 30, 2025: Mayor's Office, re same.
6. REQUEST TO APPROVE AN ADDITIONAL EXPENDITURE: Engineering Division, re: for the 2022 Concrete Road Maintenance/Selective Slab Replacement Program, Contract 22-J, with an additional not-to-exceed amount of $562,096.38 and the new total not-to-exceed amount of $1,400,000. (CR 90-22)
7. REQUEST TO APPROVE AN ADDITIONAL APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE: Engineering Division, re: Construction Engineering Services for the 2022 Concrete Road Maintenance/Selective Slab Program, Contract 22-J, with an additional not-to-exceed amount of $70,625 and the new total not-to-exceed amount of $171,164. (CR 91-22)
8. Acceptance of Grant of Easement: Department of Law, re: for sanitary sewer secured without monetary consideration from Livonia Estates, Ltd. (11870 Hubbard Road), in the South 1/2 of Section 27. Parcel ID #46-108-99-0006-007.
9. Acceptance of Grant of Easement: Department of Law, re: for a twenty-foot-wide public sanitary sewer secured without monetary consideration from Jolly Road Properties, LLC (11878 Hubbard Road), in the South 1/2 f Section 27. Parcel ID #46-107-03-0018-004.
X1. REQUEST TO SCHEDULE A CLOSED COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE MEETING: Department of Law, re: for the purpose of discussing pending litigation and attorney/client privileged communications with respect to Frederick R. Wheeler and Marilyn Wheeler, et. al. v City of Livonia, Wayne County Circuit Court Case No. 15-009025-NZ.
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Your Government, City Council, Agendas & Minutes.