To Work Service (SMART / D-DOT Riders)
ATTENTION SMART and D-DOT PASSENGERS
TO BETTER SERVE OUR TO-WORK PASSENGERS, PLEASE CALL Livonia Transit BEFORE NOON THE DAY BEFORE TO REQUEST YOUR Pick-up OR DROP-OFF (734) 466-2700. Thank you.
Livonia Community Transit (LCT) provides "To Work" service for passengers coming into Livonia from the SMART and D-DOT bus systems. It operates similar to a fixed route where passengers are shuttled to and from the SMART and D-DOT locations to selected Livonia bus stops. The "To Work" program operates Monday through Friday only. There is no weekend service and service is not available on major holidays.
Reservations are necessary to use this service. Riders must call Livonia Transit before noon (12:00 p.m.) the day before the pickup is needed. All pickups require advance notification. Call (734) 466-2700.
smart & d-DOT Hubs
The SMART hub is located on Grand River Avenue just northwest of Eight Mile Road. SMART passengers can connect to LCT by using route number 305/330. The D-DOT hub is located behind Costco, near I-96 and Middle Belt Road. D-DOT passengers can connect to LCT by using route number 38. These two hubs are the only locations to transfer to and from SMART or D-DOT. The LCT bus will pick up from both hubs at 6 a.m., 7 a.m. and 8 a.m. Return trips are at 4 p.m., 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. There is no mid-day service.
"To work" Fares
The cost per ride is $2 each way. Drivers do not carry cash and cannot make change. Transfers are no longer accepted or issued by Livonia Transit.
smart & d-Dot schedules
Because bus routes can change, it is recommended that you check with SMART and D-DOT for up-to-date route information before planning your trip to Livonia. LCT is not responsible for knowing detailed SMART or D-DOT bus routes and schedules.
Additional Contact Information
- D-DOT - (888) 336-8287
- SMART - (866) 962-5515
- Comerica Office Building (main entrance) at Six Mile and Haggerty Roads
- Kroger at Five Mile and Merriman Roads
- Laurel Park Place at Six Mile and Newburgh Roads
- Schoolcraft College at Vista Tech Center, north parking lot
- St. Mary Mercy Hospital at the Five Mile Road entrance @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Amazon Fulfillment Center at 39000 Amrhein Road
- Amrhein Road at corner of Amrhein Road and Richfield Court
- Eight Mile and Haggerty Roads at Panera Bread, next to Target
- Farmington and Schoolcraft Roads at the Mobil gas station
- Five Mile and Middle Belt Roads behind the Mobil gas station
- Five Mile and Newburgh Roads at the N.E. corner of Century Plaza
- Madonna University on Schoolcraft Road at the first entrance west of Levan
- Merriman and Industrial Roads at the N.W. corner
- Seven Mile and Middle Belt Roads at the old Sears parking lot
- Six Mile and Newburgh Roads at Rite Aid
- Victor Parkway and Pembroke Avenue at intersection
- Wayne and Industrial Roads Westbound: N.W. corner - Eastbound: S.W. corner @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>