Parks and Recreation
- How do I rent a pavilion?
- How do I rent a field?
- Where are all the parks located?
- What are the field numbers at each park?
- What are the pool hours?
- How do I sign up for a Recreation Center membership?
- How do I request a refund?
- What's different at Kirksey Recreation Center due to COVID-19?
- How do I request an EFT cancelation?
Parks and Recreation Month
July is Parks and Recreation Month! We’ve got fun ideas for you to do each day all month listed on this handy calendar, so come hang out and share your fun photos from our facilities in the comments of this post, and also make sure to use the #LivoniaParks and #RiseUpJuly hashtags on social media all month for a chance to win some fun giveaways. Get out and enjoy our local parks throughout the city!
The Livonia Parks and Recreation Department is proud to offer Livonia youth, ages 17 and younger, a scholarship program to make recreation programs and activities affordable for as many youths as possible. As of Nov. 30, we are accepting applications for 2022. Allocated funds may be used during the calendar year awarded.
The scholarship, funded by St. Mary Mercy Livonia through the Healthy Livonia initiative, is designed to assist Livonia families financially by subsidizing the cost of programs up to a maximum of $300 per child, per year; on a first-come, first-serve basis. The Livonia Parks and Recreation will cover 85% of the program fee and the parent/guardian will be responsible for 15% of the fee per approved program. Funds are available based upon donations and sponsorship of the program. This scholarship is another example of community partners breaking down barriers for youth participation in exercise, enrichment, and activities.
Parks and Recreation Master Plan Approved
Thanks to a lot of public input, we now have an approved 2022-26 Five-Year Parks and Recreation Plan! Approved by City Council March 23, 2022, this document will help guide the department for the next several years.
Parks and Recreation Mission
PARKS AND RECREATION Vision
Strive for excellence through innovation, collaboration, and partnerships.
PARKS AND RECREATION Values
- Quality – We strive for excellence through continuous improvement and innovation.
- Inclusion – We respect people, value diversity, are committed to equality, and strive for equity.
- Integrity – We are honest and fair in all our actions.
- Service-driven – We are committed to serving the needs of our patrons.
- Community – The foundation of our success is built upon volunteers, partnerships, and collaborations.
- Play – Embracing fun at every age.
- Wellness – We promote seven dimensions of wellness: Physical, Intellectual, Environmental, Vocational, Social, Emotional, and Spiritual.
- Stewardship – We are committed to preserving our parks and facilities for current and future generations.