- Public Works
- DPW Chipper Info
DPW Chipper Info
BRANCHES & BRUSH – COLLECTED BY THE CITY’S WASTE HAULER
- Branches or brush four feet or less in length should be disposed of on your regular trash collection day. The material should be tied into bundles of fifty pounds or less and up to five bundles per week may be placed out for disposal. Branches or brush may also be cut up and disposed of in paper compost bags or trash cans marked with a yard waste sticker. Yard waste in bundles, bags, or cans is collected the last week of March through the second week of December.
BRUSH PICKUP SERVICE (UNBUNDLED) – COLLECTED BY CITY STAFF
- Brush Pickup Service runs the first week of April through the first week of October. Branches and limbs longer than four feet in length, up to four inches in diameter should be stacked at the curb with all of the cut ends in one direction for chipper service. Stumps, logs, vines, roots, shrubs, hedges, or bushes cannot be placed out for disposal.
- April until Memorial Day Weekend ‐ Chipper crews automatically circulate through each residential neighborhood approximately every fifteen working days.
- The Tuesday following Memorial Day Weekend through the first Friday of October – Brush Pickup is based on service requests ONLY. To request brush pickup, please fill out the online Report a Concern form at https://livonia.gov/139/Report‐a‐Concern or call (734) 466‐2655.
WOOD WASTE DROP‐OFF DISPOSAL SITE
- The following may be disposed of for free for Livonia residents at Mid‐Michigan Recycle, the wood waste disposal facility location on Glendale Avenue: Branches, Logs, Limbs Brush (no grass clippings), Stumps (clean, no dirt), Shrubs (no roots), Hedges/Bushes (no roots).
ADDITIONAL CONTACT INFORMATION
For questions regarding disposal service for trash, yard waste, and bundled brush, contact the Sanitation Department at (734) 466‐2588. For questions on the Brush Pickup Service, contact Public Service at (734) 466‐2655.