View the 2022 Bulk Leaf Pickup Map (Updated Daily)
Each fall, the City assists residents with their leaf removal through a bulk leaf pickup program. The collection program provides residents with help in removing the large majority of their leaves raked out to the curb, which will allow the resident to use the weekly trash collection service to dispose of residual leaves. Leaf pick-up typically begins at the end of October and runs through the beginning of December. Details are published in the Fall/Winter newsletter and a brochure is mailed to every Livonia residence in mid-October with program details. View the 2022 Bulk Leaf Pickup Map that was mailed to each Livonia homeowner. To see the status of your neighborhood, check out the Daily Updated Bulk Leaf Pickup Map.
Prior to Pick Up
Prior to leaf pickup season, leaves may be disposed of using the weekly refuse collection service. Leaves should be placed in up to 33-gallon containers marked with a yard waste sticker or in paper compost bags. See the Yard Waste page for more information.
LEAF PICKUP REQUIREMENTS
Requirements for leaf pickup include:
- Rake leaves into the edge of the roadway in windrows.
- Do not place leaves in ditches or far back from the roadway.
- Leaves only - Do not mix in other debris (no sticks, branches, grass).
- Burning leaves is prohibited by City ordinance.
- Please remove parked cars from the street on your scheduled pickup day.
- Should inclement weather or other circumstances occur, any area not completed on the scheduled pickup date will be completed as close to the scheduled date as possible.
- Residents may also dispose of leaves on their weekly refuse pickup day. Place leaves and other yard waste in garbage cans marked with a yard waste sticker or in paper compost bags. Yard waste containers should be separated from regular trash containers.
- Leaves placed in plastic bags cannot be picked up.
ALTERNATIVE PICK UP
For an alternative to leave pickup, watch the Turning Over a New Leaf Video.